Sunday 30 November 2008

A day in the life of a trainee banker

Been pretty caught up with work of late so I've been finding it difficult to post any new stuff. I actually took these pictures some time ago but never got around to putting it up due to time constraints (assignments and tests grr). But since this is my first commitment-free Sunday in a long long time, I figured I'd at least put this set up.

The shots to come is a summary of a typical day at work. They were all taken with my phone's camera so the quality is abysmally terrible, but do bear with me (sidenote: taking donations for a new sony camera phone).

The day starts at 6:30am (even earlier now that I've been rotated to Research)

After showering and breakfasting, it's off I go. Smart tunnel for Smart people.

One of the better views on the way to work. I do not normally drive this dangerously btw :P

Inside the horribly bumpy Smart tunnel.

Out of the tunnel, into the jam along one end of Jalan Sultan Ismail. Fortunately the wait is only 5 minutes tops

Daylight robbery QQ (it's RM9 btw)

On the lift in Wisma Genting. Level 3 is where I hop off (Level 2 starting Monday!)

Morning meetings at 8. Yours truly will be having a hand at preparing the stuff to be said at such meetings

That's my desk at L3. It's not even 8:30am so I am still entitled to surf unrelated sites I believe :P

That's what a typical classroom session looks like. Classes ended last Friday

Zipping forward in time (and cutting out all the boring regulatory talk), it's 5:30pm. Punctuality at its finest, and it's off I go

Smart-ing home again

@*&*$!@()*)(%*(^&*@&(!*&

Post-dinner, shower and checking mails/replying messages, 10:30pm means it's time to go to bed. Sleep, wake up the next day, and the grind repeats itself

So that's how a typical day goes. Some of these will probably change as I rotate across different departments but I suppose it'll still be as grindful as ever.

The Montreux shots.. next week maybe? :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds soo routine!
But hang in there i am sure all the hard work will pay off one day! =)
At least you are doing something and going places.

Anonymous said...

Hehe that's working life for you I guess. Thanks for the motivation anyway :)
Hehe talk about going places, I'm nowhere close to where you've been / will go okay :P

Killl_Roy said...

whoa, i've always wondered what I would see if i were to step into your office. thanks for the uploads, i can prepare myself alittle now, tho id imagine the traffic in a newsroom would be ALOT more chaotic than what i can see in those pictures

: dread :

p/s: your blog has been inactive for so long :( so didnt really check this space out until today :P